Wednesday, July 20, 2011

No Longer Homeless

I got my arrêté de nomination!!!!! Even though I already knew I will be teaching in 2 schools in Nantes from emailing someone, it was still very exciting! It's now confirmed: I will be teaching at Lycée Polyvalent Monge La Chauvinière and Collège Le Breil in Nantes proper. Oh, I forgot the best news...

I have housing!!!!!

According to my arrêté de nomination, the high school I will be teaching at has a room for me for 85 euros (around $120) a month!!! I really lucked out! Now while everyone else will be stressing out about finding a place to live when they get to France, I will get to relax and focus on finding a bank and getting settled in. I don't know much about the room except that it is part of the school. Either they have a special room reserved for assistants, or it'll be a dorm-like setting with the students who go there and live at the school. Either way, I'm glad not to be homeless. Though I did want to live in Centre Ville so that I would be in walking distance of everything, cheap housing is winning out right now. I would be lucky to get an apartment for under 350 euros (around $500) a month so my room at the school is looking very nice right about now. Plus I am just a short bus/tram ride away from downtown. No complaints here!

Hopefully good luck keeps coming my way!

2 comments:

  1. Salut!!

    I'm an assistant in l'academie de Créteil. Congrats on finding housing, follow my blog!

    http://thetravelingprettybird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finding housing! I will also be a teaching assistant this year, but in Bourg-St.-Andeol. Reading your "About Me," I felt like I was reading about myself, except that I had freshmen and juniors in Arizona instead of Wisconsin. I hope Nantes treats you well!

    ReplyDelete