Monday, July 18, 2011

I'm Going Back to Nantes!!

Well July is more than halfway over and I still have not received my work contract. I did, however, email someone from the Rectorat de Nantes and found out I will be teaching in Nantes proper!! I was so happy and relieved to find out that I won't be stranded in the middle of the nowhere. I will be teaching at a lycée (high school) and collège (junior high) really close to the Université de Nantes.I am beyond excited!

Hopefully my work contract will come soon since my visa appointment is August 16th! Also, my work contract will most likely tell me whether or not I have housing at one of my schools. If not, I want to start looking at possible apartments and maybe figuring out a roommate situation with other assistants. If I do have housing at one of my schools, I still may want to find an apartment so that I can be in centre ville, but at least I would have somewhere to stay as soon as I arrive.

Here is a map of Nantes and my schools:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=216695735696671489283.0004a85f9d12da4cbe1bb&msa=0&ll=47.224931,-1.501007&spn=0.125206,0.338173

Here are some pictures from last time I was in Nantes!






3 comments:

  1. Lucky lucky lucky! Nantes looks beautiful! How far are you from the sea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! Definitely visit if you get a chance :) It's about 30 miles from the sea I think so hopefully I will get a chance to go before it gets to chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just about to say that it looks beautiful. So different from Paris!!

    ReplyDelete